Tone is everything! Your article’s tone should be sex-positive, explicitly inclusive, inspiring, informative, educational, and thoughtful. Help our readers grow and feel empowered! To get an idea of what we like, take a look at what we’ve previously posted.
- Be original: We only accept posts that are exclusive to Sexology International. Please do not send simultaneous submissions (submitting to us and other sites at the same time) or anything previously or currently published on other sites/blogs. This includes your own personal blog.
- Add to the conversation: We have a great library of content. If you feel your post expands or compliments previously published content, send it in.
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. We prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/sexologyinternational.com].
- Include photos: Photos work best on our website in landscape format. All contributors are encouraged to submit tasteful photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine). If you wonder what we mean by “tasteful”, check out some past posts.
- Titles matter: The better the title, the more clicks the post gets. Make it memorable!
- Grab the reader from the first line: Hook reader in the very first line. Engaging openings means they (and the submission team!) will keep reading.
- Word count: Keep your article succinct and to the point. We like to keep our articles short and sweet, ranging between 800-1200 words.
- Provide tips readers can easily implement in their own relationships. Remember, you want to inspire and empower readers. Giving them ways to help themselves does just this.
- Be conversational: write as if you’re explaining the topic to your really good friend over a cup of coffee. Be professional but not overly scientific or technical.
- Send SEO-driven submissions: We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name. We are unable to accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service not in line with our philosophy.
- Hyperlink: Please don’t hyperlink. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/sexologyinternational].
Submit Your Post
Sound good? If you’re reading to submit your post, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following:
- Your full post with a working title with the body of the email.
- Any relevant images for your post as file attachments and not imbedded in your post. Be sure you hold the copyright for the images.
- Your bio (120 words or less) with links to your website and social media platforms in brackets: [http://facebook.com/sexologyinternational] pasted after the post in the body of the email.
- A headshot or photo of you to use with your bio.
The Small-Print Stuff:
- Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post after 14 days.
- By submitting to Sexology International you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the Sexology International editorial team deems necessary.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!